Cleaning Contract Manager
£23k to £28k pa + benefits + use of company vehicle
Arriva Southern Counties employs over 1,600 staff and operates a fleet of over 600 buses across parts of Kent, Surrey, Greater London and Essex.
Due to us now planning to out-source our bus cleaning operation, we have a vacancy for an experienced Contract Manager, who will report to the Regional Engineering Director. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing all aspects of our externally commissioned cleaning contracts. Specifically, they will be responsible for:-
- the co-ordination and management of the operational elements of the cleaning contract;
- managing the financial aspects of the contract, ensuring that costs do not exceed contractual terms;
- ensuring quality standards of the contract are achieved and continually improved upon;
- managing all variations to contract and ensuring that values of the same are agreed by the Operating Company and external provider;
- certifying all variations and additional works values and managing the recording of this function.
You must have proven experience of multi-site contract management within a commercial environment, coupled with comprehensive knowledge of cleaning industry practices. You must be self-motivated, with proven communication skills, verbal and written. You’ll have the ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues both within Arriva and with contractors. You will be computer literate, with the ability to use Microsoft Excel to intermediate level. Applicants need to also be aware of, and adhere to, all health and safety matters working within a 1busy depot environment.
The working hours will be flexible to meet the requirements of the business. However, the normal working hours for the role will be 1500 hours to 2300 hours, with weekend working on a rota basis.
To apply, please send your C.V. and a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role to: Brian Barraclough, Regional Engineering Director, Arriva Southern Counties Limited, Invicta House, Armstrong Road, Maidstone Kent ME15 6TX or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is: Friday 21st December 2012.
Arriva is committed to diversity. If you’re good, you’re welcome.