Note that this advert has expired!
The application deadline for this job advert has expired, and it is no longer possible to apply for the position.
The job advert is displayed for reference purposes only.
Head of Networks - Cisco - Juniper - CCNA
My client is seeking a Head of Networks to join their dynamic and fast paced team.
The head of networks will lead the networks technical team, managing all incident, change and request queues to ensure SLA compliance across multiple client infrastructures
Provide product development and R&D services to the business within specified project plans
To lead the diagnosis and resolution of complex faults and problems on both hardware and software platforms and liaise with 3rd party vendors for support escalations
Work with solutions architects and the sales teams to provide advice and guidance on networks
* Maintain a continual service improvement programme in alignment with the objectives set by the technical services manager in line with company objectives.
* Act as the final decision maker for networks solutions and resolve conflict
* Ensure the networks infrastructure within my clients site is fully documented and maintained at all times
* Manage and develop the networks technical team
* Ensure departmental and company policies and processes are adhered to
* Report weekly and on escalations to the technical services manager as required
* Drive new network solutions and services and represent the team on the technical solutions and services steering committee
* Develop, design and drive network standards (including build standardisation, documentation, system testing) throughout the business
* Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, IPv4/IPv6, MPLS, routing protocol operation, IP filtering, firewalls, VPNs and the associated tunnelling technologies
* Minimum 6+ year's experience in Internet-related fields working in network and system administration, including hands-on experience with routers, switches, and firewalls
* Strong working knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing protocols is a must
* An excellent understanding of Cisco, Juniper, Brocade hardware
* Design and troubleshooting of VPN and highly available BGP and Backhaul solutions
* Experience with network management applications and SNMP
* Experience of leading project stages and developing/delivering work packages