Note that this advert has expired!
The application deadline for the job advert has expired.
The advert is displayed for reference purposes only.
My client a leading online-based company near Maidstone has an excellent opportunity for a skilled I.T. Manager in a permanent role within the I.T. Department. As a hands-on Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day technical operations for the company, including application support, all core-infrastructure, network and development of computer systems in the company. Reporting directly to the Directors, you will have a strong understanding of a Windows based environment and work hands-on with the Senior Web / I.T. Developer to build a strategy and take the department and company forward.
You will be experienced in leading a department that is responsive with support to ensure constant business operation, able to provide solutions to problems and manage projects effectively. You are expected to take a central role in co-ordinating the design, planning and implementation of I.T. strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Knowledge of Windows Server 2008
* Experience with Active Directory, RDS/RDP, VPN, Firewall, Microsoft Office, Hyper-V, and Networking
* Coding skills using MySQL and PHP (WAMP)
* Strong understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards
* Experience with systems design and development from business requirements, analysis through to day-to-day management.
* Proven track-record of using Project management skills to deliver I.T. Projects as determined by I.T. strategy and ensures that such projects make a defined and positive contribution to the business and are delivered on time.
* Experience of managing staff and being a team player with a technical hands-on-approach
* Should have working knowledge of Java, J2EE, MySQL, and Web servers such as, Apache or IIS7
* Experience and knowledge with Windows Server, Thin-client and domain Management
* Knowledge in the aspects of Information security, Data security, High Availability and Network security
* Able to plan and build I.T. strategy and take the company forward developing existing and new I.T. systems
* Understand the priorities of the company and ensure the I.T. Department supports this with industry best practice for I.T. at Enterprise level.
Experience and skills in the following will be advantageous:
* Have an MSCE or similar industry recognised qualification
* Prince2 and or ITIL experience/certification
* Project Management experience
* Outsourcing technical tasks
I.T. Manager Key Skills:
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to conduct and direct research into I.T. issues and products
* Ability to solve problems of high complexity and develop non-standard solutions if needed
* Ability to work under pressure whilst effectively prioritising and executing tasks
* Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented I.T. Manager since the company is in a crucial period of developing its I.T. systems and can offer a clear path for progression.