Java Development Team Leader
A Java Development Team Lead is required for a leading and rapidly growing financial software house, based in South East London
- Ability to manage and lead a team of Java developers and their dedicated test analysts
- Provide consultancy regarding proposed software developments to clients and other teams
- Be responsible for the quality of the software produced by the team and ensure that all programming work carried out by the team meets the standard level of software quality
- Review and plan resources for future developments and projects, with the ability to highlight and manage any potential resource conflicts
- Responsible for all written specifications of the team and ensure the appropriate level of review is carried out for all work which affects the team's functional areas
- Responsible for the cost efficiency and profitability of the team, ensuring job specifications are correctly quoted and authorised
- Thorough and proven knowledge and experience of Java, Java development and related technologies
- Minimum two years experience leading a team and managing people, including developing staff, carrying out appraisals, taking action with conduct and capability issues, and recruiting new members of staff.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven ability to manage resource scheduling, with appropriate management of estimates which have varying degrees of confidence
- Comprehensive knowledge of the SDLC
- Detailed knowledge of at least one other Object Oriented language.
- Thorough understanding of Java EE and web architectures in general
- Working knowledge of the financial or stockbroking industry
- Experience of producing medium to large projects
- Solid mathematical background, holding specifically a degree in a Scientific or Mathematical related subject and at least one A grade at 'A' Level and 'A' level Maths at a grade C or above
- Qualified in a industry standard Java Development courses or similar (desirable)
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must hold a British or EU passport.
Salary on offer is up to £70,000 (dependent upon experience) and offers a performance related bonus along with other great benefits.
If you meet the majority of the required skills, please apply for more information.
Sand Resources is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally. It is our aim to take all reasonable steps to employ and promote on the basis of ability and qualifications without regard to race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. Our recruitment takes place based only on skills and experience of the candidates. Sand Resources is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.