Note that this advert has expired!
The application deadline for the job advert has expired.
The advert is displayed for reference purposes only.
Product Manager - Clinical (Home based)
Our client is seeking an experienced Product Manager with a background in clinical software to join their organisation. This role is home based but visits to H/O in Kent would be required. Interviews will also take place in Kent and you must be able to travle down for this.
The role of the Product Manager - Medicines Management is specifically responsible for specialist components of all products that are agreed to fall within the definition of Medicines Management systems for example, Prescribing, Pharmacy, Order Communications, CPOE, administrative use of Medicines Management e.g. in discharge communications, Clinical Support Tools (Proformas) etc, summary clinical record.
The Product Manager for Clinical is the senior domain expert in respect of all product(s) or lines agreed to fall within the definition for CLINICAL systems for the Medway EPR. The Product Manager maintains a deep understanding of the products and market for this product domain, the position of the product in relation to competitor offerings and opportunities, and relative to the product life cycle. Although initially focused on the UK, this knowledge will extend to markets in which the product is not currently competing or planned for promotion e.g. US, ensuring market and competitor analysis is comprehensive and informing product direction.
The Product Manager creates, develops, communicates and maintains a product vision, and ensures adoption of product strategies appropriate to market conditions and position in the product life cycle. Oversees market analysis to identify and quantify customer needs. Leads on the production of business cases for product development. Informs and influences pricing and promotion, identification and selection of markets / market niches in addition to product content requirements and opportunities for innovation.
Works with Sales, Design, Development and Deployment, providing expert product knowledge across the organisation.
* Extensive background working in this product domain, preferably with a combination of deep product expertise and marketing experience
* Product user/design/support or deployment experience
* Experience of market analysis and assessment of product in market context
* Senior clinical experience
* Significant experience of customer engagement with senior clinicians, management and clinical users
* Product management experience
* Experience of definition and articulation of customer requirements
* Medical qualification
* Business or related qualification or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills
* Excellent domain knowledge: clinical practise and workflows, clinical term and coding classifications, evidence bases and clinical decision support, drivers for clinical adoption of IT solutions
* Strong management and organisational skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Sound understanding of financial reporting, profit and loss, balance sheet etc.
* Judgement and ability to make decisions
* Analytical and troubleshooting skills