Note that this advert has expired!
The application deadline for the job advert has expired.
The advert is displayed for reference purposes only.
Senior Graphic Designer
My client is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join their dynamic and expanding team.
The right person would need to assist the Director of Solution Architecture in the design and specification of the User Interfaces for new and existing products and solutions. The key function will be to analyse the functional and technical requirements and produce the visual elements to support the described functionality and provide a rich and rewarding user experience.
The candidate will work with the Director of Solution Architecture to:
* Produce visual designs to supplement functional and technical design documents;Create visual prototypes to test feasibility and user acceptance;
* Organise and run internal product workshops in order to measure the usability and quality of the user experience delivered by different user interface approaches;
* Work with other members of the design team to refine solutions prior to presentation to a wider audience;
* Maintain knowledge of new User Interface technologies and assess feasibility and impact of adopting these technologies;
* Be a focal point and provide line management for other UI designers.
* To produce detailed user interface design specifications and documentation;To set appropriate customer expectations within the design of products and solutions.
* Day to day reporting to the Director of Solution Architecture
* Line manager: Product Design Director
* Design team including line management of other User Interface designers
* Development team
* Deployment Team and Project Teams
Knowledge and Experience
* A degree or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 6 years' experience working in a user interface design role
* Sound knowledge of human interface design concepts
* Detailed knowledge of XAML and HTML for UI design
* Exposure to HTML 5 CSS, Photoshop and designing for mobile platforms is desirable
Skills and Abilities
* Self-starter with an excellent eye for design and attention to detail
* Proven ability to define work objectives, delegate and manage workload of others.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills both written and oral.