Service Operations Manager
Service Operations Manager
Come and join a leading, well established and award winning family run business!
We are looking for a Service Operations Manager/Director (Senior Management Status) based in our Kent Territory.
Dealing with suppliers such as:
As the most established agricultural dealer group in the South East, we have a cherished reputation for providing outstanding customer service. We are now looking for an experienced, dynamic Senior Manager, looking for career development, to take our service business to the next level of professionalism. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of our four busy workshops across Kent and East Sussex. A priority will be to galvanize the team to ensure the Company delivers against its key targets which are sales, workshop efficiency, profitability, customer satisfaction and staff motivation.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, reliable, willing and able to step into a ‘right-hand man to the Operations Director’ role, have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to demonstrate a successful track record of winning the respect of both your colleagues, manufacturers and customers. An agricultural background would be helpful but not essential, but the ability to learn fast, make informed managerial decisions and thrive under pressure are essential qualities. This role is for a self-starter with a keen business mind wanting to succeed and share in the fruits of success.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Overseeing all aspects of the service operation through the controller and administration teams, across four busy branches.
- Involvement with the day to day operation across all departments of assigned depots ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsibility for all service marketing activities, including vehicle health checks, direct customer marketing activities and all winter service programs.
- Driving all work-in-progress through to invoicing in an efficient and seamless manner.
- Management of customer debt and service satisfaction issues.
- Planning regular CNH, JCB and other key manufacturer service meetings in a structured efficient way ensuring issues are continually discussed until resolved.
- Managing the efficiency and productivity of our technicians, and the implementation of appropriate corrective actions as and when required.
- Ensuring warranty compliance in all depots.
- Managing through the depot controllers the out of hours and holiday cover.
- Driving technician recruitment and ensuring a healthy relationship with the two local colleges, Plumpton and Hadlow.
- Being an active member of our Health & Safety Committee, ensuring our workshop operates with full compliance whilst helping to ‘raise the bar’ where Health & Safety are concerned throughout the Company.
- Accurately forecasting the monthly service landing and implementation of any corrective actions to ensure delivery on budget.
- Taking responsibility of assigned depots and ensuring we are presentable, professional whilst maintaining high levels of motivation throughout.
Remuneration commensurate with experience.
If you would like to join a busy and well established family business, have the experience and mind-set which is needed to succeed in this role, and would like a real challenge in the agricultural world, then please send a copy of your latest CV, together with an accompanying letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for the role to: Adrian Woods, Operations Director
The Haynes Group is an equal opportunities employer with a policy of promotion through ability. With 275 staff across 7 locations, The Haynes Group recognizes the importance of employment stability.
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer. By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.