Whitstable Castle Trust
Competitive salary according to experience
Whitstable Castle and gardens provide an incredible amenity to the local community, asa unique and special venue for weddings, private parties, local classes, corporate and community events, as well as offering teas, coffees, lunch and Sunday roasts in the Orangery Tea Rooms.
The Whitstable Castle Trust is seeking an experienced General Manager. Reporting to the Chair of Trustees, this new role will bring with it the autonomy to grow the business and have a meaningful impact on its future direction.
As General Manager your responsibilities will include: -
- Effective day-to-day operations and management of the castle, ensuring high standards of performance.
- Managing, motivating, mentoring and developing the castle’s team, with responsibility for 6 direct reports and a dedicatedteam of staff and local volunteers.
- To Identify and exploit potential new opportunities for the Castle.
To be successful you will need:-
- Proven managerial experience gained in a similar environment.
- Excellent organisational and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership experience of inspiring and motivating a team to high performance.
- A proven track record of building effective internal and external relationships
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours where needed to meet deadlines.
- To be IT literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Previous experience of working within a Trust or in the hospitality industry, and experience of fundraising would be advantageous.
As well as a competitive salary the Trust offers five weeks holiday per annum and a workplace pension scheme.
To apply please send your CV to our Human Resources Consultant by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly