Practice Accountant or Accounts Assistant Part Time
We're looking for a part-time, experienced, qualified Practice Accountant or Accounts Assistant to join a small but growing firm of ICAEW registered Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors.
You'll be involved with a variety of owner-managed businesses assisting them with their bookkeeping, personal taxes, payroll, VAT, accounts preparation, corporation tax and their statutory filings.
We pride ourselves on taking an active role with our clients and not being your archetypal firm of accountants.
With this role being part-time we are happy to be flexible in the hours that you want to work, and would expect that same approach to be adopted by the successful applicant when it comes to meeting deadlines.
As this is a growing firm, we would be looking at approximately a 15-hour week to commence with, with the opportunity for this to grow in-line with the practice and seasonal demand.
The office is based on the Medway City Estate, where public transport is poor, but we are able to offer on-site free parking. After some time with the firm home-working arrangements are a possibility.
You should have experience suitable for the role, with a minimum AAT Level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- Regular Client Bookkeeping.
- Accounts Preparation, including Accruals & Prepayments.
- Personal Tax Preparation.
- Corporation Tax Preparation.
- VAT Return Preparation.
- Running Payroll for approximately 30 clients (weekly, fortnightly & monthly).
- Basic Filings with Companies House, such as Confirmation Statements.
- Liaising with clients via telephone and emails in a professional and pro-active manner.
- Raising invoices to clients & practice debtor management.
- Liaising with HMRC on basic personal, corporate and PAYE tax queries.
- In-house office administrative tasks including some telephone answering, digital filing, engagement letter preparation etc.
Software Experience (preferred, but not a requirement)
- IRIS Accounts Production, Personal Tax, Business Tax & Practice Management
- Quickbooks Online
- Xero Online
- Sage 50
- Microsoft Office Including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Qualified to AAT Level 3 minimum - Qualified Chartered (ICAEW) or Certified (ACCA) Accountants also welcome.
- Able to demonstrate experience to meet the Role Specification.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Pro-active, friendly personality.
- Willing to take a hands-on approach working for a small but growing practice.
Apply for Practice Accountant or Accounts Assistant Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly