EdTech Administration Apprentice
My School Portal Ltd is an online EdTech product providing a single and secure platform that collates and displays all student information in one place for parents; targeting mainly Independent schools in the UK and internationally.
We are looking for someone to help provide first line support for our projects within the Support Team.
Closest station is Longfield station – 30 minute walk. Note: Their offices are based in a semi- rural location between Dartford and Longfield and public transport services are infrequent. Your own transport is essential
Are you a multi-tasker with a can-do attitude and an interest in the digital technology? We need an enthusiastic person to train within a dynamic and thriving top digital agency. Working as part of the Support Team, providing assistance to clients via phone and email, writing and improving the Help Centre documentation and general help within the team including answering the phone. This is an ideal opportunity for a keen individual to learn all about the digital industry.
- Providing first line support.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Answering the telephone
- Helping solve customer enquiries.
- Escalating issues to second/third line support
- Dealing with day-to-day enquires and customers complaints.
- Logging and prioritising incidents using helpdesk processes.
- Writing documentation for company products and Help Centre.
- Opportunity to QA code fixes and new functionality to projects.
- Managing clients information for content, assets and required information under the guidance of the Support Manager.
£3.90 per hour
37.5 hours per week over a 5 day period 8.30 – 5.00 (1-hour lunch).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- A good listener.
- Can work as part of a team.
- Good communicator.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An interest in IT and technology.
- Confident and eager to learn
- A good listener
- Well organised
- Well-spoken and presentable
You should have GCSE Maths & English along with ICT at C grade equivalent or above and 3 or 4 other subjects at least.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.