Veterinary Operations Assistant
**Must have previous Vet Nursing experience**
36.25 hours per week
• Assessing new and continuation claims, by reviewing all claim documentation supplied by a policyholder and relevant third parties.
• Collecting accurate information and necessary documents to proceed with a claim.
• Guiding policyholder on how to proceed with the claim and keeping them informed at all times, both verbally and in writing.
• Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of valid claims.
• Assisting policyholders with general queries and insurance issues.
• Writing clear and accurate non-standard letters, where claim circumstances require it.
• Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following agreed process for referral.
• Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience.
• Make sure that you treat all our customers with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
• Understand how you play a part in the Customer Experience
• Provide a service to all of our customers (internal and external) that is memorable for the right reasons and builds our reputation as a great company to work for and do business with.
• Make sure that everything you do fits in with the legal requirements
• Be aware of threats to our organisation and customers (e.g. financial crime, fraud and money laundering).
• Taking the appropriate action to minimise the impact of risks to our business (e.g. by following processes and reporting any concerns to your manager).
• Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other related legislation.
• We are looking for bright and enthusiastic individuals, who have a passion for animal care and providing an excellent service to our customers.
• A Veterinary Nursing qualification is preferable, but someone who is working towards the qualification or has insurance claims handling experience would also be considered.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
• High attention to detail
• Organised and methodical
• Computer literate
• Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
• First class interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with a wide range of people
• Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties.
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Respect for customer and business confidentiality
• Strong service delivery ethic
• High standard of personal motivation and initiative
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
• Experience of working within a Veterinary Surgery/ a detailed knowledge of animal care OR At least one year’s experience of handling Pet Insurance claims
• Qualified Veterinary Nurse
In return, we can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary.
• An opportunity to put to use a practical knowledge of animals and their care, from the comfort of an office environment.
• Become part of a fast paced, growing team.
• A supportive environment, where self-development and improvement is encouraged and supported
Our client is within the financial services industry client will carry out criminal record and financial checks including CCJs and bankruptcy.
All initial interviews will be carried out in our offices in Maidstone.
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client.
Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
By applying you give consent for your data to be handled and processed under GDPR Legislation for the purpose of your current employment search.
Apply for Veterinary Operations Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly