£40k - £50k DOE
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established software house; with over 30 years experience and based on the outskirts of Sittingbourne. They are looking for a highly logical and thorough Quality Assurance Manager who can devise and communicate testing strategies and also get into the detail and make them work. In your IT career, you may have been a developer, or you may equally have come through the analyst route. In all events, you will have a mindset that allows you to express quality criteria very clearly in terms of business value and business impact.
The Role - Quality Assurance Manager
The appeal of the role comes from a drive for excellence and quality built in to everything that you do. Your mission is to make quality engineered in by design. Your concept of quality is not constrained to delivering to specification, it also embraces the Kano model of delighting the customer. The role requires applying discipline and process in an enabling way; removing the steps that frustrate ensuring the steps that build confidence and satisfaction.
Their clients' projects and services tend to be big and complicated data oriented, often with high security requirements. The generation and management of test data is a very onerous part of the job, as a consequence, test automation and data masking techniques are very important.
A large part of each new situation is the challenge of dealing with the ‘people’ factor and the wide variety of national and corporate cultures that they meet in their daily business.
Does this describe you and where you want to go with your career?
- You are logical and thorough in whatever you do
- You enjoy working with data and getting it right
- Having demonstrated your ability to work in detail at a technical level, you relish the prospect and challenge of connecting with the big picture and being able to engage equally with technical and non-technical people
- You know intrinsically when things are right, how to do things properly and you are constantly looking for ways to do things better. However, you are always ready to look for and listen to external references, to reflect and to make things even better
- When faced with a problem or a decision you will look to be creative and to generate options that you can evaluate, before diving into solutions
- You are likely to be self-starting and adaptable to fit into the differing business cultures we encounter, and rapidly build rapport and gain the confidence of others
- You can decide for yourself, but also know when to draw in the knowledge, skill and expertise of others and use the power of teamwork
- You will be able to communicate effectively and equally well in writing, verbally and using pictures to suit your audience and customer preferences
- Above all you are a leader with your team and providing thought leadership on your subject. You enable others, coaching and mentoring your team and understanding the real meaning of coaching in a business context
Recent Enterprise Information Management projects cover Banking, Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Government (at all levels), Retail, Automotive and Transport sectors. Furthermore, there are long-running relationships for the support and enhancement of automotive retail, technical information, licensing and education awarding body systems.
- Be educated to graduate level, or a professional equivalent, in subjects which demonstrate a sound grasp of logic and reason
- Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them as system designs
- Have a sound grasp of computer science, probably demonstrated by qualifications. Including an understanding the analysis and design
- Be experienced in structured problem solving. Possibly by being trained and or certified in a suitable methodology
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and management skills
Must have these technical skills and experience
YOU MUST HAVE:
- 3+ years of solid Test Engineer or related experience covering all aspects of testing
Typically you will be well experienced with:
- Jenkins Pipeline and Maven for test orchestration and automated integration testing
- SoapUI and Groovy scripting, for API functional testing
- JMeter and Redline13, for performance testing at scale
- XSpecc BDD, for XSLT testing
- working with cloud hosted solutions, including AWS
Ideally a test qualification from :
Experience with data quality tools, data lifecycle management, data cleansing and/or ETL would be useful.
Preference will be given to those with experience of working as part of a team:
- Using a formal technical specification under the PRINCE2 project framework or structured methods and standards
- Using six sigma or other quality management framework
- In a commercial software development house
If you have previously been security cleared that would be advantageous and you must be prepared to undergo security clearance to the highest levels.
The role is based at Sittingbourne, Kent. You will be expected to work at other global locations from time to time as required by specific projects. All work-related travel and subsistence expenses will be paid.
A competitive benefit package depending on knowledge, skills and experience will be paid.
The package includes a taxable car allowance per month and, after qualifying service, health insurance and pension.
Our client’s company values are important to them. They have a high customer retention level and actively seek people who share their values:
- If you believe in professional integrity and doing the right thing then you are one of us
- If you believe that teamwork is the key to achieving goals then better still
- If you enjoy learning new things. So much so that you constantly seek out new challenges then you will be joining a like-minded team
- If you genuinely care about the quality of what you do and how you do it then you are definitely the person we would like to talk to