Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
£35k - £45k
You are interested in and have a natural aptitude for data. With an exceptional ability to take data and turn it into reliable, high quality, timely and actionable information which you are able to effectively communicate to a variety of business stakeholders.
Your mission is to use your aptitude for data analysis to show their clients how to practically resolve their systems needs in a way that provides information as the lifeblood to all modern businesses. In the role, you may need to tackle any of the typical analyst roles from business process analysis through UML and into UI design. However, your main strength will be in data, data modelling, data quality and through your ability to gain the confidence of the customers, demonstrating that you understand what makes their business tick.
The role includes the challenge of dealing with the ‘people’ factor, and the wide variety of national and corporate cultures that we meet in our daily business. You will need to draw on a breadth of communication skills. The client is based in Kent, however the work is in many locations across the globe and there is a mandatory requirement to travel.
Does this describe you and where you want to go in your career?
- Patient, logical and thorough, and also persistent to see things through to a conclusion;
- Able to apply intellectual rigour to the complex challenges faced in customer projects;
- Able to see the big picture and go into the detail with equal skill, and move up and down the levels as required
- A reliable and practical data modeller;
- Self-starting and adaptable to be able to fit into the differing business cultures they encounter, and to rapidly build rapport and gain the confidence of others;
- Able to decide for yourself but also know when to draw in the knowledge, skill and expertise of others;
- Able to communicate effectively. Equally well verbally, in writing and using pictures to suit the preferences of your audience, both technical and non-technical, and across the range of levels junior to most senior in an organisation;
- Able to plan, manage and chair workshops and forums as part of the requirements gathering process;
- Responsible for your own level of quality with an inbuilt desire to deliver excellence.
To apply you must:
- Be educated to graduate level or a professional equivalent. In subjects which demonstrate a sound grasp of logic and reason.
- Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication, and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them as system designs.
- Be a good communicator: able to facilitate workshops; to persuade and influence; to work with large groups of customers (of varying level of seniority from user to board level)
- Have a sound grasp of computer science, probably demonstrated by qualifications. Including an understanding the analysis and design.
Technical skills and experience
To apply you must have:
- 3+ years’ solid Analysis experience for enterprise applications. A track record of working on business transformation projects with demonstrable experience of at least 3 major IT delivery projects,
- Demonstrable experience of Data Analysis and Data Modelling
- A proficiency in UML methods using modern Software Engineering case tools;
- High level awareness of IT infrastructure including cloud, and software development and maintenance methods, tools and techniques and demonstrate a strong awareness of the uses of IT
Preference will be given to those with experience of working as part of a team and:
- Ideally with ISEB or other equivalent certifications.
- Using a formal project management methods under the PRINCE2 project framework.
- With experience of using TOGAF or Zachman Frameworks.
- With practical experience of Data Quality Frameworks.
- In a commercial software development house.
- With experience in, or the ability to, coach and mentor others.
- Using an Iterative or Agile Development method.
- Experience with data quality tools, data lifecycle management, data cleansing and/or ETL would be useful.
- A working knowledge of PowerDesigner or other equivalent Case Tools [Rational Rose, Erwin, etc.]
If you have previously been security cleared that would be advantageous, and you must be prepared to undergo security clearance to the highest levels.
The role is based at their headquarters in Sittingbourne, Kent. You will be expected to work at other global locations from time to time as required by specific projects. All work-related travel and subsistence expenses will be paid.
A competitive benefit package depending on knowledge, skills and experience will be paid.
Hours 35 per week. More important is to deliver results as promised and to do what is necessary to get the job done. Holiday allowance is 25 days annually, plus UK Bank Holidays. The package includes a taxable monthly car allowance, automatic enrolment into our competitive Company Pension Scheme and after qualifying service Health Insurance, Life Assurance and Profit Related Pay.
The company values are important to them. They have a high customer retention level and actively seek people who share their values:
- If you believe in professional integrity and doing the right thing then you are one of them.
- If you believe that teamwork is the key to achieving goals then better still.
- If you enjoy learning new things. So much so that you constantly seek out new challenges then you will be joining a like-minded team.
- If you genuinely care about the quality of what you do and how you do it then you are definitely the person they would like to talk to.