£40,000 - £45,000
You will be part of the infrastructure team, but also within an agile project team currently developing a new software platform. In this role you will collaborate with software engineers to deploy systems and implement technical best practices. The role plays a critical part in streamlining and automating technical processes across the department/company.
- Demonstrate the need for information security and governance
- Working with the business and project team to enhance systems
- Identify and implement solutions to technical problems
- Implement and manage platforms associated with their own projects
- The role requires an on call rota to deal with out of hours system failures. This schedule will cover overnight or weekends.
- Excellent understanding of virtualisation
- High levels of experience support Windows and Linux environments (RedHat/Wintel/Oracle Linux)
- Application support experience e.g. JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic
- Experience of deploying in Java environments
- Experience with automation/configuration management (Chef, Puppet or equivalent)
- Cloud services - AWS experience required
- Experience with SQL and MySQL
- Working knowledge of code and scripting (Python, PHP, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Windows Server Management skills
- SSL Management
- In-depth knowledge of firewalls
- Enterprise vendor support and development qualifications will be advantageous
- Educated to a degree level or qualified by experience
- For a full spec please apply.