BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTS
Full-time 37.5 hours per week - Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper, with extensive Sage Line 50 experience, to work for our busy Scaffolding firm based in Dover.
Working in a standalone role, you will take responsibility for all accounts including the general accounting function, Invoicing, management and ledger accounts as well as budget and credit control from overdue customers.
Your day to day duties will include but not be limited to:
- Data entry of Invoices, receipts, remittances, cheques etc. In to Sage 50
- Keep customer's billing up-to-date with new purchases and upgrades
- Schedule and raise invoices according to customer contracts
- Chasing Payment of overdue invoices
- Client credit control - keeping up-to-date with customer debts
- Reconciliation of bank accounts & credit cards.
- Dealing with payroll journals and any other month end journals.
- Producing management accounts where required
- The balancing of inter-company loans
- Dealing with client queries by email and telephone
- Arrange payment of supplier invoices to our schedule
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts
- Processing expenses for the rest of the team
- Help maintaining the asset register
- Strong understanding of all aspects of bookkeeping
- Ability to work on your own and as a self-motivated individual
- Ability to set your own deadlines
- Confident in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using Sage 50 Accounts
- Enjoys working in a small/medium sized office environment
This is not a junior role and requires independent, methodical self – disciplined candidate. The suitable candidate must be able to think on their feet. You must be able to work on your own initiative but good communication is also essential as we are a team. Our business is complex with a huge and changing number of suppliers and only someone who is willing to learn about and understand our whole company will be able to be successful in this role.
Required education: Must be an experienced bookeeper, knowledge in Sage 50 Payroll would be an advantage but training could be given to the correct candidate.
No agency applications please.