Support Worker required in Westerham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced support worker to assist our male paediatric client in the Westerham area. Our client requires a high level of care and support, and we are looking for a support worker to assist with that care in the mornings:
Morning Support Worker
You will work five mornings a week, during the week in term time only.
You will support our client to manage his personal hygiene, which will include supporting him to shower, manage his dental hygiene and incontinence needs. You will be encouraging our client to eat a good breakfast. You will be working with our client and his supportive family to get organised for the day. You will work alongside our client, encouraging independence but understanding his limitations. You will need to support our client to put on his orthotics in the morning. You will take our client to his nearby school in his vehicle then return to the house for your own vehicle.
This will be a rewarding post supporting a lovely young client in his own home.
To apply you will need:
- Previous experience as a Support Worker or working with children with disabilities in other relevant setting (essential)
- Current full driving licence with at least one year’s driving experience (essential)
- NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care or equivalent (desirable)
- You must be confident to work alone
- Excellent communication skills ensuring that you share information with our client’s parents and case manager
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- To like dogs as our client has a dog
Hours: 2 hours per day - 06:45am to 08:45am.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
This post is subject to two excellent references and successful DBS enhanced check
Interested? Please call Clare Dawson at Brownbill Associates Ltd on 01844 214669. Please quote ref: BAL/FC 08/17