Apprentice Administration Assistant
Kent Fire and Rescue Service is responsible for delivering fire and rescue services to more than 1.7 million people in Kent.
With 55 fire stations and 1,200 operational members of staff, Kent Fire and Rescue Service has a fleet of more than 75 fire engines and other operational vehicles.
Every year firefighters deal with around 16,500 incidents. These include nearly 1,000 road crashes, around 750 house fires, over 2,400 non-fire rescues, including flooding incidents.
There are approx 250 non-operational staff from various departments, mainly based at Headquarters who support the day to day running of the Service.
Description of Vacancy
To provide day to day administrative support to the Human Resource’s Service Delivery Team.
- Undertake administrative and clerical duties, including recruitment processes
- Undertake filing and archiving of sensitive data on personnel files (manual and electronic) within agreed timescales
- Maintain high levels of customer service when answering telephone calls and emails.
- Receive and forward HR enquiries to the appropriate HR Officer (telephone and email)
- Undertake photocopying, to include recruitment packs, and scanning of data onto the HR System
- Run standard reports from the HR system
- Undertake mail merges, preparation and editing of word documents
- Create and maintain spreadsheets
- Process HR invoices for payment
- Undertake employment checks, Police Vetting and Disclosure and Barring Service
- Ensure post is taken to and collected from registry daily. Open and record the receipt of letters of letters and documents
£5.50 P/H in first year rising to £7.05 or £7.50 in the second year dependent on if the apprentice is aged 24 or older.
37 hours, Mon-Thurs 09.00hrs– 17.00hrs
Fri 09.00hrs – 16.30hrs
GCSE Grades A-C in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Ability to follow set procedures and instructions in order to efficiently follow agreed processes
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks to meet specific timetables and deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, this will include dealing sensitively with customer’s enquiries
- Good IT skills, Word and Excel (Use of excel spreadsheets, creation of word documents, sorting and filtering data on basic data base systems, use of email)
- Ability to undertake a mail merge, to include the preparation of a document to be used and carrying out the mail merge from a data source
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To be able to work as part of a team and be flexible
- Good timekeeping
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Positive attitude
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.