About this Bar/Restaurant Assistant Role
We are a busy traditional pub restaurant with an Indian restaurant attached.
Description of Vacancy
To assist staff with the smooth running of the bar and restaurant operation. Take responsibility for own area, ensuring delivery is made effectively and efficiently. To serve every customer in a friendly and professional manner.
- To ensure food and beverage areas are open and are fully stocked and clean at all times
- To ensure bars, food, cellar and storage areas are kept clean and tidy in accordance with health, safety and hygiene regulations
- To be attentive to customers, providing excellent customer care at all time
- To help staff serve drinks in the bar/restaurant to satisfy customer needs
- To ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for all customers
- To ensure the security of all The Rose Inn property at all times and that the correct cash handling procedures are adhered to
- To maintain all stock items in bar and fridges at night
£3.50 per hour
30 hours per week – days/hours to be discussed
- Smart appearance
- Reliable and punctual
- Honest and trustworthy
- Friendly and polite
A* – D Maths and English
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2017, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.