Female* Team Leader and Support Workers / Care Assistants
Female* Team Leader and Support Workers / Care Assistants Required in Betteshanger
We are looking to recruit a team leader and two support workers to assist our female paediatric client in the Betteshanger area. Our client requires round the clock care and has a high level of need.
1 x Team Leader / Support Worker - Averaging 36 hours per week
As a support worker you will work 32 hours per week directly with our client providing personal care, and completing domestic tasks and social activities. In addition you will complete team leader duties which we anticipate to average 16 hours per month. Team leader duties will include completing the rota, reviewing care plans and risk assessments and working with the family to plan and identify priorities.
Team leader enhanced rate (average 16 hours per month): £14.50 per hour
Support worker salary: £10.50 per hour for day time, weekdays. £12.50 per hour from 11:00pm to 6:00am (unsocial hours) and all weekend shifts. Enhanced rate for bank holiday work.
1 x Support Worker - 32 hours per week
1 x Support Worker - 16 hours per week
You will work with our client on a one-to-one basis providing personal care, completing domestic tasks and social activities.
Salary: £10.50 per hour for day time, weekdays. £12.50 per hour from 11:00pm to 6:00am (unsocial hours) and all weekend shifts. Enhanced rate for bank holiday work.
The shift patterns are as follows:
(1) Night work: 8:00pm to 8:00am. This is a waking night shift.
(2)Weekend and school holidays day shifts from 8:00am until 8:00pm
(3) After school shift from 4:00pm until 8:00pm
In school holidays there will be additional shifts available.
To apply you will need:
- Previous experience as a Support Worker or Team Leader working with children with disabilities in other relevant setting (essential)
- NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care or equivalent (essential)
- Experience of using a hoist (training will be given)
- Experiencing of administering medication (training will be given)
- You must be a driver over the age of 25 as our client has an adapted vehicle.
- You must be confident to work alone
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- To like dogs as our client has a dog
Start Date: December 2017
This post is subject to two excellent references and successful DBS enhanced check
If you are interested or require additional information please call 01844 214669 quoting ref: BAL/KX 10/17
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010" for a female worker to work with our client.