This is a busy GP practice serving the local community of Sandwich and surrounding area, providing healthcare and preventative treatments. We ensure each patient’s individual needs and experience are our first consideration and at the heart of everything we do.
Description of vacancy
There is a vacancy for an Apprentice Receptionist at The Market Place Surgery in Sandwich, Kent. This vacancy is to join other healthcare professionals who deliver vital services to patients who are on the journey of improving or maintaining their health. You will need to demonstrate a positive and professional impression of yourself and the GP practice by delivering customer services to patients and by supporting the healthcare professionals who work a the surgery. If you want to start a rewarding career, then this job is for you!
- Managing patient requests in person, on the phone and via written communication.
- Booking, amending, rescheduling and cancelling patient appointments.
- Distributing prescriptions.
- Action patient care follow-up arrangements as per clinicians instructions.
- Advising patients of chargeable services and processing payments.
- Providing patients with information about the practice services.
- General housekeeping of reception and waiting areas.
- Arranging transport and home visits.
- Managing medical records, recording patient contacts, attaching correspondence electronically and in hard copy and filing in the correct order.
- Maintaining and updating the practice patient database.
- Ensuring confidentiality and data protection is observed at all times.
£105 per week (£3.50 per hour)
30 hours, Mon-Fri 8 am – 2 pm or 1 – 7 pm.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge or troubleshooting IT issues advantageous
- Focussed approach to work
- Articulate and able to work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Task driven
- Hard working and motivated
- Personal Qualities
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.