Studio Pre-press Operative
About this Studio Pre-press Operative Role
CCL Label Ashford is part of the label division of CCL Industries Inc. CCL Label has been serving the packaging and promotional industry for over sixty years, CCL Label proves to be the global supply chain leader of innovative premium packaging, promotional vehicles and comprehensive label solutions for the world’s largest consumer, agricultural and healthcare corporations.
Who We Are
A global speciality packaging pioneer, CCL is the largest label company in the world and provides innovative solutions to Home & Personal Care, Premium Food & Beverage, Healthcare & Speciality, Automotive & Durables and Consumer markets worldwide. The Company is divided into four reporting segments: CCL Label, CCL Container, Avery and Checkpoint.
Description of Vacancy
Purpose of the job:
- To take consumer supplied art work and create print ready files and plates for Litho using various prepress software applications
- To have a working knowledge of the flexo process and flexo plate making
- To have a working knowledge of the proofing process
- To maintain standards within the department
Tasks, duties & responsibilities:
- To create press ready files and plates for our Heidelberg presses
- Assist when needed in the checking and bagging up of litho plates
- Assist when needed in the making and checking of flexo plates
- Assist when needed in customer proofing
- To have an understanding of the litho planning system and work from it in an orderly and timely manner
- To have full working knowledge in accessing customer specifications from our current computer system
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
Open and effective communication at all levels. Flexible.
Active enthusiasm and involvement
- General skills:
- Job specific skills:
Knowledge of Heidelberg Prinect Signa station, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Office
Understanding of Artpro and the Dupont Cyrel Fast system
Knowledge of procedures
Knowledge of department objectives
(Training will be given in all aspects of role)
£4.50 per hour
Monday to Friday
8.30am to 5.00pm
With 1 hour lunch break
GCSE Maths and English or equivalent Level 2 Qualification
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work well on their own or as part of a team
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way
- Good professional telephone manner
- Well organised
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2017, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.