Graduate/Junior Software Engineer C++
Graduate Software Engineer C++
£18k - £25k DOE
Graduate / Junior Software Engineer C++, 1st job out of University or College or next step up on the career ladder?
My client is offering this fantastic career opportunity for an ambitious and passionate Junior Software Engineer looking for a great opportunity to work in part of a large team of experienced Software Engineers developing and supporting real-time embedded systems in a Linux environment.
We are looking for excellent knowledge of C, C++ language programming and ideally on an Embedded Linux system.
It is important that you are enthusiastic about becoming an Software Engineer, you do not need to currently have experience, but must have a real desire to succeed and a good level of knowledge in C++.
You should have good communication skills as you will be working in a team environment with the benefit of being mentored by more senior developers.
Skills in any of the following could also be useful:
· Familiarity with the Linux kernel. Linux device driver or core kernel development
· Some understanding hardware/embedded system designs
· Understanding of distributed systems and data structures, both in design and implementation
· Linux Inter-Process Communications (shared memory, semaphore, FIFO)
· Software Configuration Management with SVN
· User interface development toolkits like Qt, GTK within an embedded platform
· ARM Core processors
· Device drivers, networking stacks.