Warehouse & Samples Operative
Job Title: Warehouse & Samples Operative
Salary: £18,500 / annum
Location: Head Office - Smarden
Reporting to: Shane Goodhew / Charlie-Anne Mason
Responsible for: See below
Purpose and objectives of the role
Grestec supports and technically advises architects and interior designers for their tiling requirements on commercial projects. Once a specification has been issued with Grestec products listed, a product sales process ensues which requires monitoring, processing, importing and distribution.
Due to a vacancy opportunity, Grestec are looking for a new warehouse storeman team member. This role covers more than general warehouse duties and therefore requires a flexible individual with a keen interest for diversity within their day-to-day work.
It is a position that gives you the opportunity to show multi-tasking and time management skills to achieve daily activities.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager & Operations Manager. This will be a team of three.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Specific roles on a daily basis including:
- unloading of inbound vehicles e.g. European trailers; couriers etc
- loading of outboard vehicle e.g.: daily pallet network haulier in the afternoons; specials couriers; customer own collection vehicles etc
- liaising with Internal Sales staff regarding order despatch
- liaising with Internal Purchasing staff regarding inbound orders due
- checking inbound loads match purchase orders
- updating stock movements sheets
- checking outbound loads match customer despatch notes
- general warehouse tidiness and organisation
- general warehouse duties
- manual handling
- stock checks
- stock takes
- minimising wastage
An important part of our work is the presentation of our samples and the speed of response for customer requests.
- samples collation
- marketing sample boards creation – requires adhering samples to board, grouting and making presentable for customers
- cutting sample tiles utilising automated cutting facility
- marketing sample A5 cards – generally we have temporary workers to fulfil this task but, from time to time, you will be required to assist here
- pick and pack samples to fulfil customer sample requests, to despatch by Interlink daily.
using Pendulum test equipment to score technical slip ratings of specific tiles
The friendliness and willingness to assist anyone should be part of your psyche, whether you are face-to-face with a Grestec customer, supplier, lorry driver, courier or general visitor. It is extremely important for the Company image.
- liaising with foreign drivers to identify pallets onboard
- welcoming guests on-site if they see you first and escorting them to the relevant area.
- Counter-balance forklift operator license required
- Abrasive wheel training ideal
- You need to be a motivated “can-do” person with a positive outlook
- You will require a good level of fitness
- Legible handwriting
- You will have a smart, considered and consistent approach to time management, workflow, problem solving and processes.
- You need to be computer literate and adapt to our different systems.
- You need to be presentable, prompt and trustworthy
- You must have an attention to detail.
- You will be a good team player.
- Grestec is rurally located between Headcorn and Smarden, with no public transport links. Therefore own transport is desired.
- No previous knowledge of the tile industry necessary.
- You will have experience of using a forklift to move heavy products.
- You will be able to demonstrate relevant skills so we can invest in your ability to perform the role effectively.
Monday to Thursday 8am – 5.30pm with 1 hour break for lunch
Friday 8am – 5pm with 30 minute break for lunch
Interpersonnel is acting as a recruitment agency and assisting with the 1st stage recruitment process. If your application is successful during the 1st stage process your details will be send to Grestec Tiles directly for consideration. We will keep you informed with either decision.
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.