Sales and Technical Advisor
Job Title: Sales and Technical Advisor
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 / annum
Department: Internal Sales
Location: Head Office - Smarden
Reporting to: Charlie-Anne Mason
Responsible for: See below
Purpose and objectives of the role
Grestec supports and technically advises architects and interior designers for their tiling requirements on commercial projects. Once a specification has been issued with Grestec products listed, a product sales process ensues which requires monitoring, processing, importing and distribution.
A key role for redefined role on our internal sales desk for a Sales & Technical Advisor has become vacant. We always look for someone to be a tangible asset within the organisation. This is an important front line telephone position and there are always opportunities which can be offered for individuals that show interest, flair and a dynamic approach to work-life on a long term basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer quotes for specifiers and contractors
- Product sourcing from existing collections
- Liaising with Area Sales Managers regarding any of the above requirements
- General sales enquiries, both product and technical
- Sample requests
- Sales order processing
- Organisation of transportation to customers
- Customer payments
- Minimum A level standard and be able to demonstrate effective self-learning and implementation techniques.
You must be able to:
- technical background
- take on new information/training quickly
- demonstrate effective self-learning
- have excellent time management skills
- follow procedures
- be engaged and interested in your new role
- take pride in the work you produce
- be enthused by your own achievement and positive input into the Company
- understand your roles impact on other departments effective workflow
- always understand that every role in the Company has a direct impact on our Customer
- have commitment to be the best you can be in the role
- meet deadlines and implementation of techniques
- always strive to be better
- have a consistent approach to your daily activities
- adapt to computer systems and be computer literate
- have an attention to detail
- be a good team player
- be happy and enthusiastic
- No previous knowledge of the tile industry necessary but you must have a technical background
- Previous relevant office experience required - have a sales desk or technical desk background in a previous role
- Be computer literate with CRM systems
- Grestec is rurally located between Headcorn and Smarden, with no public transport links. Therefore own transport is desired.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Interpersonnel is acting as a recruitment agency and assisting with the 1st stage recruitment process. If your application is successful during the 1st stage process your details will be send to Grestec Tiles directly for consideration. We will keep you informed with either decision.
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.