Sustainability Administration Assistant
The Berkeley Group is one of the market leaders in the property development industry today. We focus on creating beautiful, successful places in London and the South of England. We work together with partners to tackle the shortage of good quality homes, and make a lasting contribution to the landscape and to the communities we help create.
The Berkeley Group was voted one of Britain's Most Admired Companies across all industries from 2012 to 2016 and Housebuilder of the Year in 2015. In 2014, we won the Queens Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development and in 2015 we were the first house-builder in Britain to have 500 sites registered by the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
Description of Vacancy
This is a new apprenticeship role within the Sustainability and Health & Safety team at Berkeley Homes Eastern Counties ltd, based in Sevenoaks.
The candidate would support the Sustainability Advisor in the administration, auditing and reporting of key Sustainability KPI’s and the companies’ long-term business strategy ‘Our Vision’. In addition they would provide wider support to the Sustainability Advisor and other departments when needed.
To find out more about what Sustainability means to Berkeley see the Berkeley Group website https://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/sustainability
- Assist with Sustainability and Our Vision paperwork
- Assist with data collection and analysis
- Check whether information and data has been submitted by the different projects
- Transfer information from multiple spreadsheets into summary spreadsheets
- Assist with analysis of data through undertaking basic calculations and production of graphs
- Assist with the bi-monthly Our Vision meetings
- Take minutes
- Manage a list of actions to ensure they are closed out on time
- Use and Manage SharePoint to store key documentation
- Help format and maintain key Sustainability forms and documentation
- Help ensure any printed or digital collateral is distributed across the business
- Regularly review the shared drive, archiving information and amending folders as necessary
- Assist with general sustainability tasks
- Help to organise the logistics for internal and external meetings
- Assist with any other reasonable request from Sustainability or Senior Management
Annual Salary from £13,000 dependent upon the candidate
Access to the company Health & Wellbeing programme which includes:
- An account with Perkbox, which offers over 200 plus discounts and freebies from the UK’s biggest brands.
- Small onsite gym
- Running Club
- Free fruit in the office
- Funding for Group Sports and Activities
- Financial Advice Workshops
- And more
8:00-5:30 Monday to Friday.
- Educated to A levels or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Grade C or above in GCSE or equivalent English and Maths desirable
- Computer literate with experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills both face to face and over the phone
- Organised with good time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Good level of numeracy
- Team player
- Flexibility to changing workload
- Self motivated
- Outgoing personality with energy and enthusiasm
- Interest in Sustainability, CSR or the Environment
- Exhibit ‘Our Values’ to; have integrity, be passionate, respect people, think creatively and strive for excellence through detail.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.