Customer Support Apprentice
We are an innovative product creation company in the technology sector largely in the residential and commercial environment developing products for audio visual/ intelligent home systems.
Description of vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with good communication skills and a confident personality to help grow the business and maintain aspects of marketing within a small and friendly company. The candidate must be competent in dealing with telephone and email enquiries as well as approaching potential customers with the aim of winning new business and to maintain good relationships with existing clients & gaining repeat business wherever possible.
The post will involve the following duties:
- Prospecting potential new clients and turning this into increased business via direct contact.
- Growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
£5.50 per hour
9am to 5pm, Mon – Friday
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Experience of Word, Excel and iMac
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Polite and professional disposition
- Previous experience
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Previous experience of Trade Gecko
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Enthusiastic approach to learning and developing in the role
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Creative way of thinking
- Strong communicator including a confident telephone manner
- Highly organised with excellent time management abilities
- Positive, self-motivated approach to the role
- A “can do” attitude
- Ability to work on their own and also as part of a team
- A good sense of humour, friendly and approachable
A* – C GCSE preferable
Maths, English, Business, IT
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.