Customer Service Assistant
Sevenoaks District Council is the local authority for the Sevenoaks District. We provide services for our residents including: Refuse collections, Council Tax & Benefits, Licensing, Environmental Health, Planning & Building Control, Housing Services, Communities & Business Services, Parking Services, Electoral Services plus many more.
Description of Vacancy
- Customer Service Advisor position.
- Dealing with customer’s phone call enquiries about all of the Council’s services
- Booking and reporting services
- Taking payments
- Given advise and assistance to our residents
- Working as part of a team in a Contact Centre environment
To provide an efficient and professional service to our Customers within the Customer Service Contact Centre.
- To work as part of a team competent in answering to complete resolution, customer queries and questions on council’s wide issues, using the CRM (customer relationship management system) and related systems, striving for excellence in customer care.
- To positively and actively support the Contact Centre Team Leader in all aspects of the daily running of Customer Services.
- To have a flexible and proactive approach to new tasks that the team may take on.
- To participate in any relevant training for the duties of this post and to achieve the key objectives of the Council.
- To comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities.
- To comply with the Council’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
£3.30 Per hour
37 Hours per week
Monday – Thursday: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am – 4.45pm
Our phone lines open at 8.45am sharp, you will be required to be at your desk at 8.30am to ensure readiness for 8.45am
GCSE Maths and English C and above or equivalent.
- Good standard of English, both written and spoken
- Good basic IT knowledge
- Good typing skills
- Good customer service skills
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Shows initiative
- Problem solving
- Tolerance & Respect for others
Full on the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2017, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.