Apprentice Accounts Assistant
2 days left
- Full Time
A family run business established for over 40 years based in Maidstone. Fitting quality windows, doors, conservatories and flat roofs in Kent and Sussex.
Description of Vacancy
- Working within a team at our Head Office in Maidstone.
- Will be involved in all aspects of a busy accounts department.
- Duties will include basic administrative duties initially and then building and developing these skills within the accounts areas such as payments, invoice controls and purchase ledger.
- Basic office administration duties to begin with including photocopying and scanning of documents and filing
- Developing towards working with spreadsheets, calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Processing receipts, sales invoices and payments
9.30-3.30 Mon- Fri
30 hours per week
Breaks will be dependant on age of candidate but minimum of 15 minutes and maximum of 30 minutes
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Good attention to detail
- Passion for numbers, accuracy and skills in calculating figures
- Professional manner
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Good people skills
- Enthusiastic and the ability to learn quickly
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to multi task
- Willingness to develop self
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.