Warehouse Assistant Apprentice
1 day left
- Full Time
A UK leading specialist in diagnostic & therapeutic equipment in the Cardio Respiratory Sector of Healthcare.
Description of Vacancy
An opportunity to start a career assisting in the day to day operations of this busy and successful company’s warehouse and dispatch departments.
You will learn about this important part of the sales process and will also learn about product testing, servicing and repair.
Main duties include:
- Managing stock
- Assisting with the creation of purchase orders for required product
- Highlighting short dated products
- Ensuring incoming stock is aligned with purchase orders
- Entering stock on to the computer system
- Liaising with relevant internal departments and customers and advising suppliers of any shortages or stock not ordered
- Advising sales of any produce that is unavailable.
- Product Testing
- Basic Product Service/Repair
Monday to Friday
8.30am – 5pm (1-hour lunch)
37.5 hours per week
GCSE Maths and English grades A* to D or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external parties
- The ability to focus in a busy environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good team worker
- Attention to detail
- Practically Minded
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.