Trainee Nursery Nurse
2 days left
- Full Time
Kiddiecare offers a structured/freeflow routine. We are a setting that enjoys all outdoor activities and many visits into our local community. Our children learn through structured lessons with a balance of free choice play. We strive to offer the highest care and education for all children within a safe and caring environment. Our experienced and dedicated staff supports children to become confident and independent, which then ensures a smooth transitions into their next steps into school and education. Outdoor play is a big part of our children’s development and learning. We have strong ties with our local school and communities. We hold an outstanding Ofsted and our visit from Ofsted praised and congratulated us on our amazing team of staff.
Description of vacancy
Assist other members of the team within the nursery whilst gaining knowledge and skills to develop you own childcare career. Supporting every child’s ‘learning journey’ whilst in our care.
Promoting partnerships with families, ensuring that each child’s wellbeing is met and that they thrive in a safe environment. Safeguarding all children in our care.
- To assist with the daily routine in the playroom
- To assist with the curriculum planning
- To assist and instigate activities suitable for the age range of the children within the unit
- Keep records of key children up to date
- Liaise with parents / carers and staff members
- Undertake domestic duties within the unit
- Attend training sessions outside normal working hours
- Undertake all ad hoc duties and projects within the nursery.
- Confidentiality is paramount
£3.50 per hour
30 hours per week
Monday to Friday
- Good maths and English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well on their own
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way
- Good telephone manner, polite and professional
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Team orientated
- Flexible approach to work
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Well-spoken and presentable
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.