Administration Assistant Apprentice
Kent Adult Education is an education provider that delivers courses in areas such as creative skills, health, sport, leisure and self-development.
Role will be based across three Adult Education centres:
Tunbridge Wells – Monson Road TN1 1LS
Sevenoaks – Bradbourne Road TN13 3QA
Tonbridge – Avebury Avenue TN9 1TG
Description of Vacancy
An opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to provide support to the district administrative and customer relations functions.
Working as part of the district team in a flexible and hands-on way to support all local activities.
Ensuring systems and standards are delivered in an effective and timely way that supports learner success.
Input valid and reliable data, correcting errors and providing reports and updates to staff. Interact with customers, providing advice on courses and completing enrolments.
Willingness to provide excellent customer service throughout the ‘Learner Journey’.
This role will work across three centres, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks and Tonbridge. To provide the broadest experience possible, you will spend time at each of these centres during the course of your apprenticeship.
- Maintain records and management information in line with KCC/CLS finance standards to facilitate the management of the District Budget.
- Assist in the management of local property related issues including Health & Safety and Environmental legislation work co-operatively with the Administration Manager/Officer.
- Support the examination process including invigilation and all exam related functions to ensure effective services are maintained.
- Support the Administration Manger/Officer in ensuring equipment and processes are effective and fit for purpose.
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure high quality customer experience and facilities including covering for other staff as required.
- Undertake duties pro-actively and efficiently as a member of the district team to ensure high standards are delivered in all administrative functions.
- Work efficiently and methodically to ensure specified processes and procedures are delivered in a timely and accurate way meeting targets and priorities consistently to maximise operational effectiveness.
Starting salary £142 per week
Reviewed after 4 months and 8 months and subject to satisfactory performance, will be increased on the following basis:
- Months 5 to 8: £152
- Month 9 to completion: £163
Monday – Thursday
9am – 5pm
Friday 9am – 4:30pm
37 hours per week
GCSE Grade A* to D in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize self and work within a team
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to solve basic day to day problems
- Good communicator with all people
- A keen eye on detail and compliance
- Can do approach
- Excellent team worker
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.