Churchill House is a well-established language school in Ramsgate. Apart from our permanent language school we also operate summer schools around the UK for which we recruit around 150 staff every year. To help us manage the recruitment process, HR and other office duties we are currently recruiting a temporary HR/Recruitment assistant to work with us in our offices.
Core responsibilities will include general HR duties, being the main point of contact for joining staff, compiling and checking HR information, checking applicant references, scanning/filing and safeguarding/British Council compliance checks. As we have a small team, the HR/Recruitment Assistant will also be required to help out with other duties as necessary. A full job description will be provided before interview.
The successful candidate is expected to have a good standard of education, professionalism, enthusiasm and be able to work independently. Some office experience is preferred.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) short term position for the spring/summer period though there may be the possibility of a permanent position later. Due to the nature of the work it is not possible to take holidays during the June-August period though time off in lieu will be paid at the end of the contract.
Our Safer Recruitment Policy: Churchill House is committed to providing a safe, secure environment for its students and expects all employees to have a positive attitude towards the care of students and play a full role in implementing all our Safeguarding policies. As part of our safer recruitment policy all potential employees will be required to:
- Submit a full chronological CV. You will be required to explain any gaps in your employment history.
- Provide the contact details of two suitable professional referees. All references will be taken up and asked specifically about your suitability to work with under 18 year olds. We may also approach your other former employers. Personal references are not usually acceptable.
- Undergo an Enhanced DBS check, unless currently enrolled in the DBS update scheme
- Overseas residents will be required to provide a recent certificate of good conduct (COGC) from the relevant local authority in their country of residence.
- All employees will be required to sign a Children Act declaration to state that they are not barred from working with minors.
- All employees will be expected to provide proof of identity and all relevant qualifications (originals only) photocopies will be taken for our records.
All offers of employment are subject to the successful completion of this process.
To apply, please send a full CV and a covering email.