Claims Assessor - Motor Insurance
Claims Assessor - GAP / RTI Insurance
Based at Kings Hill, West Malling
£19k - £21k pa DOE
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our client based in Kings Hill, they are going from strength to strength and growing rapidly. As a Claims Assessor you will work in the Claims department for the Motor Insurance team.
The purpose of this role is to Assess and validate Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Return To Invoice (RTI) insurance claims; gathering any necessary information required in an efficient and timely manner; updating system records to accurately and clearly reflect the claim journey and keeping the customer informed at all times.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Assessing new claim notifications;
- Collecting accurate information and necessary documentation to proceed with a claim;
- Assessing all claim documentation supplied by a policyholder and the relevant third parties;
- Guiding policyholders through the claims journey and keeping them informed at all times both verbally and in writing;
- Negotiating with Motor Vehicle Insurers to ensure a fair market valuation of the vehicle;
- Ensuring prompt and accurate payment of valid claims;
- Assisting policyholders with general queries by telephone and/or in writing;
- Writing clear and accurate non-standard letters where claim circumstances require it;
- Ensuring system records are kept up to date and that claim activity is recorded accurately;
- Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines;
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and quality standards set by the company;
- Identifying potentially fraudulent claims and following the agreed processes for referral;
- Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to the individual’s skills and experience.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a Motor or GAP/RTI insurance environment is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- First class interpersonal skills, able to communicate with a wide range of people
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Courteous yet assertive
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Organised and methodical
- High attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Respect for customer and business confidentiality
- Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
- Strong service delivery ethic
- High standard of personal motivation and initiative
Our client is within the financial services industry client will carry out criminal record and financial checks including CCJs and bankruptcy.
All initial interviews will be carried out in our offices in Maidstone. Interpersonnel UK Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy on behalf of our client. Interpersonnel is an equal opportunities employer.
We are pleased to receive a significant number of applications for most roles advertised. We are therefore unable to respond to individual applicants unless shortlisted. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.