Events and Logistics Lead
West Faversham Community Association has become the hub of a wide range of activities and events for the local community in line with the charities overall objectives. As part of its continued growth WFCA is now operating across 3 venues, offering high quality and accessible rooms and facilities which are available for hire to local groups and individuals for regular and special events. We have a dedicated staff team and a growing team of volunteers and volunteer trustees who together arrange many community events and fundraising activities and cater for other special events including weddings, children’s parties as well as regular recreational and sporting activities and meetings. The charity relies upon the income generated by the room lettings and events in order to maintain the building and offer subsidized events and facilities. The Charity also receives grant funding to run events throughout the year for the benefit of the local community. This post is focused on the success of delivery of bookings and events across the 3 venues and is therefore critical to achieving and sustaining our financial stability and to achieving our charitable aims.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations (DoO) and working closely with the Customer Service Lead, Head Chef and Head of Community Activities, the post holder is responsible for:
- Contributing to the preparation and planning of events both commercial and community focused.
- Assisting the HTO in ensuring our wet trade operations run smoothly and to a high standard
- Contributing to the planning for hiring to be completed efficiently and effectively with the needs of the customer uppermost in mind
- Ensuring the weekly plan is delivered to achieve our guest’s expectations
- Contributing in a positive and proactive way to the general running of the building and safety and comfort of customers, staff and volunteers
- Act as a duty manager in line with the duty manager rota across 3 sites
- Meet with the HTO and CSL weekly to ensure the upcoming weeks hirers and events have been thoroughly planned for and resources are in place to deliver customers’ expectations.
- On a daily basis, complete the elements of daily plan needed to deliver bookings and events successfully (i.e. setup of rooms)
- On a day to day ensure that customers receive a welcoming and efficient response to requests and enquires
- Make recommendations and where asked to lead in the development of new commercial events
- Assist in or when delegated take the lead in planning for upcoming commercial events or large bookings, including marketing and/or resourcing (both human and physical stock)
- Working with the Head Chef to assist with catering and other food trade when needed
- Assist to ensure the trading areas are kept in line with WFCA standards, including line cleaning, hygiene and merchandising
- Working with the Customer Service Lead to ensure that volunteers are clear about their tasks and priorities for each day of the week to ensure customer’s needs are delivered
- Help to ensure that volunteers understand and put into practice the Associations commitment to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in line with the charity policies.
The post holder will be required to be flexible in assisting the HTO and other colleagues with the varied tasks required to deliver the work of the community centre. S/He will be expected to be proactive in identifying problems and in recommending solutions and in suggesting improvements and helping to implement these to achieve enhanced service delivery and value for money.
Post holder will need to be eligible to hold a personal license.
The 38 weekly hours will be arranged over 5 days and will include at multiple evening and weekends. Work is split across 3 sites in Faversham and Herne Bay.
You will regularly be required to travel between sites
Apply for Events and Logistics Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly