Volunteer Independent Visitor(s)
Volunteer Independent Visitor(s) Needed in Kent
- Do you want to make a difference to a young person’s life?
- Do you have 1- 4 hours per month to spare?
We urgently require more volunteers, so why not volunteer for NYAS as an Independent Visitor for children and young people in care.
As a volunteer you will:
- Have fun, take young people on outings and maybe share a hobby , sport or interest
- Offer support and a listening ear and be a positive influence in a young person’s life and help build self- esteem and confidence
You don’t need any special qualifications
We are looking for reliable and dependable people from all walks of life
We will provide training and on-going support. We will pay expenses to a set limit
Here is what some of our young people and volunteers have to say about this rewarding role:
- I like how my Independent Visitor isn’t anything to do with social services and is here to support me not to judge
- They have boosted my confidence, now I feel like when I go places I can just relax and have fun
- My Young person always looks forward to me coming, they have had such a disjointed life, I am a stable figure in their life and this has to be important for them, as everything else changes around them a lot.
If you would like to apply, please visit our website www.nyas.net or contact 0151 649 8700