Salary: £20,661-£22,658 + benefits (pro-rata) (depending on experience and qualifications)
Hours: 21 hours per week
Closing Date: 6th April 2018
Interview Date: 18th April 2018
Responsible to: The Chief Executive
The Finance Manager has responsibility for managing the day to day, weekly and monthly charity finances ensuring compliance with regulations and best practice. Producing timely management accounts and robust financial statements for the CEO, Senior Management Team, Fundraising Committee and the Board of Trustees is key to the role.
This is an important post requiring a pro-active and well organised individual who is responsible for a critical function in the day to day running of the charity. The post-holder must also be a champion of the charity’s values, a positive role model for those using our services and an effective ambassador for the work of the charity.
Relevant qualifications/training will be required and candidates will need to possess a variety of skills, experience and personal attributes.
· To maintain, process and accurately record on a weekly basis invoices, payments, expenditure and income
· To manage records of the charity’s income and expenditure using Sage software and other software as appropriate
· To reconcile bank accounts with Sage and to liaise closely with the Fundraising Manager with the reconciliation of the DonorPerfect Database and donation/Gift Aid management
· To act as one of three authorised signatories on behalf of the charity
· To ensure sufficient funds are available in the current account to meet the charity’s daily needs
· To ensure cash handling procedures are followed in line with YLF Policy and Charity Commission guidelines
· To administer the investments as directed by the Board of Trustees
· To manage payroll and the workplace pension scheme liaising with YLF’s external payroll provider · To prepare the required information for the charity’s annual audit and liaise with the auditors
· To prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts and financial reports for the CEO and assist with management of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets
· To ensure financial data is stored, archived and destroyed appropriately in line with legislation and YLF Policies
·To engage in learning and development opportunities, as agreed with the CEO
· To comply with YLF’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and Code of Conduct
· To work within agreed quality frameworks and standards and abide by YLF Policy and Procedure
· To take part in supervision and appraisal and to meet on other occasions, as required, with the CEO
· To keep accurate records of any expenditure incurred and to ensure that such expenditure is within agreed limits and has been duly authorised
· To maintain such other records as may be required for the purposes of monitoring, evaluation and review; and to prepare periodic reports
· To provide cover or additional support for colleagues, as required
· To uphold the values of the Young Lives Foundation
· To undertake such other duties as may, from time to time, be reasonably required
YLF is serious about safeguarding; this role will be subject to a standard DBS Check.
Interpersonnel is acting as a recruitment agency and assisting with the 1st stage recruitment process. If your application is successful during the 1st stage process your details will be send to The Young Lives Foundation directly for consideration. We will keep you informed with either decision.
Interpersonnel UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.