Up to £38k
Our client is looking for a developer to join their well-established software house in East Kent. They provide software solutions to many companies, including global corporations.
The work will be based in friendly, quiet, spacious, air-conditioned offices.
They wish to recruit a new team member who can fill the role of a technical web developer. Their customers demand a level of professionalism which matches their own high standards. This is very much a long-term career for the right candidate.
As a technical web developer, you will help design and develop new features for existing software and investigate/diagnose any customer problems.
Your work will involve
• Understanding existing software and product features
• Analysis of new requirements
• Estimating effort required to code and test the requirements
• Ensure coding and testing meet quality requirements
• Problem identification and fixing
• Working as part of a team
• Experience with web technologies (HTML5, Node.JS, RESTful APIs)
• Able to effectively use Git source code management as part of a team
• Be able to provide reliable estimates for your work
• Effective communication abilities
• A desire to work in a comfortable, dynamic environment
• The ability to plan and self-organise
• The ability to share knowledge with team members to improve overall effectiveness
• A desire to constantly learn and adapt to the changing demands of the IT industry
Additional desirable skills
• Experience coding in TypeScript and SQL
• Testing technologies such as Mocha
• Experience with Cordova for mobile development