Advance FM are a Facility Management company based in Chart Sutton, Maidstone.
We are a single point of contact for residential and commercial clients with planned and reactive maintenance works.
We are looking for an M&E estimator to join our friendly, highly valued team. We are looking for a candidate with at least 2 years’ experience in M&E estimating, from mechanical and electrical system installation to full maintenance packages.
The candidate will need accurate and strong written and spoken communication skills. We are looking for a candidate who is proactive and a strong negotiator. Organised with strong IT skills, self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic with the ability to support the team with technical knowledge.
The job role will include:
• Preparing quotations for clients and other business managers.
• Attending site visits and site surveys to complete quotations, meeting with clients onsite when required. Gathering information from site on material, plant, labour and other factors.
• Researching materials and equipment. Developing self-knowledge to ensure the business remains up to date with new developments in the industry.
• Assessing technical documents when required whilst preparing quotations.
• Collating quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Planning job timescales and assessing levels of risk associated to works to be carried out.
• Evaluate cost effectiveness and profitability. Provide advice and recommendations on ways to increase effectiveness and profitability.
• Supporting buying activities and assist with bids for new contracts.
• Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecast.
• Maintaining correct profit margins for all quotations.
• Providing internal staff with technical knowledge and advice.
• Consulting clients, contractors, suppliers and internal staff to discuss and formulate estimates, resolving any problems which may arise.
• Representing the organisation at client meetings and external events.
For further information on our company please visit: www.advance.fm