Trainee Warehouse Person
About this Trainee Warehouse Person role
At Aalco we pride ourselves on offering our customers a responsive and competitive service for supplying anything from single item orders to major JIT contracts. Our extensive inventory includes Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Copper, Brass and Bronze in all semi-finished forms, covering a wide range of grades/alloys, shapes and sizes. We can provide both industry standards and special or bespoke items for particular applications or individual customers.
We are one of 18 service centres around the country which offer a reliable and on-time delivery service anywhere in the UK. Each centre holds stock to meet the immediate needs of customers in the local area and this is backed up by bulk stocks held at a central warehouse.
Description of Vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is keen to learn and motivated to work within our busy warehouse in Swanley.
Duties included within this role will be:-
- Assist with the unloading of Lorries
- Stacking and managing physical storage of products within the warehouse
- Organise and catalogue deliveries and update electronic records
- Assist other members of staffs with duties
- Prepare Orders for delivery
- Carry out regular stock takes and advise of low stock
- Processing goods in/out of the warehouse
- Packaging goods for delivery
- Data inputting
- Printing delivery labels
- Packing pallets for delivery
- Rack organising
- Machinery operation to include Guillotine, Saws and Coating
£3.50 per hour
Shift work of 40 hrs a week over 5 days. Monday to Friday.
Able to achieve Apprenticeship requirements in Maths, English and ICT.
- Able to use own initiative
- Keen to learn
- Great attitude
- Good work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Career focused individual
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Ware Housing, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
As of 1st April 2017, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.