Customer Service Advisor
Are you looking for a career in Customer Service and would like to be paid whilst you obtain a qualification?
Then this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Contact Centre in Maidstone. We have a number of Customer Service Apprentice positions which will provide you with great training and experience in this exciting sector.
Agilisys is a leading specialist provider of outsourced customer care services for the UK’s public and private sectors, with over 800 employees based in state-of-the-art contact centres across the UK.
Description of vacancy
To provide a professional, efficient and streamlined telephony service to customers of Kent County Council, for specified services within the Authority’s operations.
- Answer and respond to customer calls into the Contact Centre, to provide a service for a specified area of the Authority’s operations, giving information and advice as trained.
- Handle calls for specific services providing information and advice where appropriate with the aim of ideally resolving customer enquiries at the first point of contact.
- Interpret queries/problems that are generated by calls from customers in order to generate solutions to meet the caller’s needs.
- Re-route calls to an appropriate officer when unable to assist the customer, so that they obtain an appropriate response to their enquiry.
- Maintain call quality standards through the effective use of verbal communication when responding to each call, including following the Authority’s complaints procedure when appropriate, to ensure that callers are always provided with a high quality and efficient service.
- At the end of each appropriate call, offer the Govmetrics customer satisfaction survey.
£142 per week to start rising to £163 per week based on performance.
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
GCSE Grade A* to D in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects
- Personal self-confidence to provide a customer focused front-line enquiry service via the telephone.
- Ability to handle a wide range of enquiries in a contact centre environment.
- Computer literate and ability to operate telephone equipment effectively.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, efficient and courteous manner. Able to deal sympathetically with distressed, agitated, confused, irate customers or those with special needs.
- Some knowledge of how local authorities or other large organisations operate.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to learn and deliver new services
- Possess a friendly and helpful disposition.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.