Medicine Counter Assistant
A local village pharmacy established for nearly 30 years, dedicated to providing customers with the best of what they need when they visit.
Description of vacancy
A great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn all about customer service and to learn the skills that can be adapted to any industry.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all customers, providing the best possible service and advice.
Learning when to refer to the pharmacist is important. You will also need to act sensitively to customers.
Main duties will include:
- Greeting customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Responding to symptoms described by customers by following agreed protocols and using your own knowledge and judgement (training will be provided)
- Understanding the main features of stocked lines and the benefits to customers
- Providing advice on leading a healthy lifestyle
- Receiving prescriptions from customers and ensure they reach dispensary in a timely manner
- Informing customers of approximate waiting times and to manage their expectations
- Assisting with stock control and maintaining reasonable stock levels in the retail environment
- Maintaining and up to date knowledge of over the counter remedies and minor ailments by reading journal, product information and training resources
- Assisting in the provision of pharmaceutical care to patients by carrying out reasonable duties as determined by the needs of the business
£105 per week with potential for a further career in this sector.
30 hours per week but flexible within the pharmacy hours of:
- Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Saturday 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
Minimum of GCSE grade A* to D in English and maths or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent team worker
- A warm, friendly and professional attitude towards customers
- An ability to respond to medical queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.