RCH is a care provider with a portfolio of 10 care homes across the South east of England, specialising in Dementia care in both residential and nursing settings.
Description of vacancy
We are looking for a Health Care Assistant to join our team.
Do you have a passion for delivering person centred care to older people?
Are you caring, enjoy working as part of a team and wish to develop your skills with a view to progressing within the care sector?
This role involves shift work and flexibility is crucial.
- To ensure that the removal of all waste is in accordance with the agreed procedures.
- The cleaning of all floor areas.
- Damp dusting and through cleaning of all furniture, fixtures and fittings (moving light equipment if necessary).
- The cleaning of all sanitary areas.
- The cleaning of internal paintwork, doors, window frames, skirting boards etc.
- The changing of curtains, if required.
- The stripping and remaking of beds, if required.
- To abide by all COSHH regulations, colour coding and to clean and store all domestic equipment in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To adhere to the cleaning schedule.
- To be familiar with all home policies/procedures.
- To work as part of a Team, attending staff meetings and training if required.
- To respect client’s independence, privacy and dignity.
- To maintain appropriate records accurately.
- To foster good working relationships.
- To communicate effectively with all grades of staff.
- To maintain both business and client confidentiality
- To take care of the building and report any defects or repairs
- To carry out deep cleaning throughout the home as required
- Before the end of shift to check that all floors have sufficient linen (towels/ bedding etc)
£126 based on £3.50 hourly rate.
The contract is for 37.5 hours (Full Time) working 5 x 7.5-hour shifts over a seven-day period on a flexible rota. 30-minute lunch break unpaid.
GCSE A* - D
Friendly, confident, caring, able to follow guidance and instruction, punctual, committed, reliable.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Diploma in Hospitality Services Framework.
Level 2 qualifications help employees carry out their role more professionally and effectively. All candidates are directly observed in the workplace. Assessors visit regularly to ensure the needs of both the employer and the candidate are met. Candidates are expected to collect relevant evidence, produce assignments, obtain witness testimonies and other documentation specific to the role. The qualification will be completed within 12 to 15 months.