Yard & Warehouse Assistant
As a dedicated supplier of civil engineering materials Civils Store recognises both the specialist demands and changing nature of the products and services that our industry requires.
Equally, we appreciate the demanding environments that our customers have to work with. Civils Store has an ethos of trying to make people’s lives as ‘straightforward as possible’. Our team work closely with our customers and manufacturers, we believe that when organisations operate outside of their own boundaries then truly efficient supply chains can be created.
Description of vacancy
Civils Store is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team in Sittingbourne. The role will be varied and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to learn all parts of our business, with a focus on the warehouse and yard.
Main duties will include the following :-
- Picking & packing orders ready for loading
- Loading orders onto transport (this is dependent on the age of the apprentice and subject to them completing the necessary training.)
- Receiving stock and deliveries and storing these correctly across the site.
- Dealing with customers who use our counter service
- Answering calls and dealing with queries
- Ensure that the warehouse and yard are kept clean and tidy, ensuring H&S is met.
- Updating the computer system and assisting with stock checks
Checking delivery notes against purchase orders.
Starting salary of £140 per week (based on a 40hr week.)
Working Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (with 1hr unpaid for lunch).
5 weeks holiday per annum. We do not work Bank Holidays and are closed for the Xmas period (holiday will need to be used.)
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
An interest in making a career for themselves in our industry, as there are opportunities for employment and advancement for the right candidate.
Candidate will also be offered the opportunity to complete their Forklift License.
Desire to learn
Motivated to succeed
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.