Business Administration Assistant
Edible Oil Direct Ltd is an independent family owned company established in 2004. We pride ourselves in opening a closed loop management system which is supplying all types of quality edible oils to the catering trade, collecting the used oil under licence and then recycle into BioDiesel.
Description of vacancy
The position of Office Assistant involves completing tasks in support of all area of office duties: the role exists due to the high volumes of work within the office: the aim is to even out the work load of the office employees.
Details and Responsibilities:
- Shadow the Scheduler to learn their role to be able to provide holiday and sickness cover
- Learning how to use company database is key to this position
- This role involves, but is not limited to, daily scheduling for the drivers, telephoning customers for their requirements, reconciling the drivers previous day’s activity, preparing and informing the warehouse of stock numbers to be picked for the drivers, assisting the drivers with any customer or round enquiries.
- Sort and file the processed invoices into the relevant sections and order
- Take card payments from customers via card terminal
- Serve any customers that come into purchase products greeting them in a friendly and professional manner, providing them with an invoice/receipt
- Answer incoming telephone calls and dealing with customer or driver queries or redirecting the calls to the relevant person
- General office administration duties as required such as photocopying, scanning etc.
- Assisting the FD with banking the daily taking as and when required
- Assist the OM with record keeping and ad-hoc duties to contribute towards the smooth running of the office
£3.50 per hour
Monday to Friday
9.00am to 5.00pm
With 1 hour lunch break.
GCSE Maths and English or equivalent Level 2 Qualification.
- General understanding of office functions and work environment
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Team worker
- Clear communicator
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.