Jasmine Care South East Ltd is a domiciliary care agency operating across Kent providing companionship and personal care to Service Users in their own homes.
Description of vacancy
Providing individual care for Service Users in their own home. You will provide person-centred care supporting and enabling Service Users to complete a range of social, physical and personal care needs.
- Maintain clear written records in the Care Plan; monitoring the Service Users day-to-day wellbeing and recording the details of your visit to each Service User
- Assist Service Users with personal care including; washing, dressing / undressing, dental, hair care and toileting whilst helping them to remain as independent as possible
- Assisting with treatment / medication as prescribed by the GP and District Nurses
- Prepare and serve meals and drinks
- Assist with domestic needs which might include domestic work, shopping, collecting pensions and possibly correspondence
- Escort the Service User to hospital / doctor appointments if required
- Record any concerns or changes to the Service User in their Care Plan and report this to the office
(mileage for drivers extra)
- 5 days per week minimum inc. 1 weekend in 4
- 16 hours +/week
- Shifts 7am – 2pm and/or 4pm – 9pm
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
Clean full driving licence.
- Good communication skills
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Previous caring experience (preferable but not essential as full training given)
Full clean driving licence essential
- Kind, patient and friendly with a helpful disposition
- Sensitive to individual needs
- Capable of dealing with bodily fluids
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.