School Office Assistant Administrator
Lawn Primary School is situated in pleasant mature grounds, close to Ebbsfleet development and Bluewater. We are a one form entry school with a Nursery unit. Our children aim to do their best, even though for some this can be challenging. Our staff are friendly and work extremely well as a committed and supportive team.
Description of vacancy
The vacancy is for an office administrator within a busy school environment. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can complement our team of professionals by ensuring telephones are answered, parents, visitors, professionals and Governors are greeted in a professional manner and general office administration is completed.
We are looking for someone to complete general office duties and to offer support to our very busy team. Duties will be varied and will include:-
- Greeting parents, visitors, professionals, and Governors
- Answering the telephone
- Receiving parcels
- General administration duties including typing, filing, shredding, and photocopying
- Support for pupils, parents and outside agencies
£3.30 per hour
Monday to Friday, Minimum 30 hours a week
8.30 – 3.30pm (negotiable) with 1 hour for lunch
Minimum of Level 1 in Maths and English
- Good ICT skills
- Ability to work well on their own as well as with others
- Good maths and English skills – GCSE A-C
- Ability to work in an organised and structured way and prioritise workload
- Ability to deal calmly with challenging situations
- Well organised
- Good attention to detail
- Well-spoken and presentable
- Willingness to learn
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.