Restaurant Service Team Member
Ever since it was founded in 1976 by the Taittinger Family, Louvre Hotels Group has been experiencing continual growth. Starting out as a French business, the company has gradually extended beyond the country’s borders, as it did in 2009 after its merger with Golden Tulip Hospitality and its substantial portfolio of hotels across the world.
In February 2015, Chinese Group Jin Jiang International purchased Louvre Hotels Group. Thanks to this merger between Asia and Europe, the entity now boasts a network that currently operates about 3,000 hotels worldwide.
Description of vacancy
Our casual dining restaurant is looking for enthusiastic and motivated Team Members to join our team (aka ‘Gang’). If you have serving experience or want to work in the food service industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the potential for advancement, we want to talk to you. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing friendly relationships with our patrons and ensuring they enjoy efficient, pleasant service throughout their dining experiences. We’re looking for applicants with flexible schedules and able to cover all duties involved such as greeting customers or tending bar (pending age restrictions due to licence)
- To achieve the best possible service for our guests
- To present yourself in line with company guidelines this includes your uniform
- To take orders for food and drink and serve them to our guests in both the bar and restaurant
- To be knowledgeable of all our products and services to be able to aid guests in their decisions, especially with our wines
- To increase sales of our products and services wherever possible
- To take payments from our guests for our food and drink based services using our computerised till system and to make sure that the posting is done correctly
- To carry out bar and restaurant related cleaning duties as required
- To prepare the restaurant and bar for each service including stock replenishment, table settings and cleaning
- To be able to operate the bar glass wash and the coffee machines
- To complete all tasks outlined on departmental shift checklists
- To complete all relevant paperwork as outlined to you by the management
- To serve our conference guests if they require food and drink
- To prepare our conference rooms for the next function
- To carry out your duties while keeping in line with COSHH, HACCP, Food Hygiene Regulations and Health and Safety Regulations
- To carry out all reasonable requests made to you by the General Managers and Deputy Managers
You will be trained in all areas of the hotel operation which is relevant to your position; this will include COSHH, HACCP, Health and Safety Regulations, Licensing Laws, Food Hygiene Regulations and Fire Evacuation Procedures.
There are also training programmes that can be provided through outside organisations for you, such as an NVQ in Customer Services with VT Training which would be both beneficial to us and to you to aid your future career.
Minimum wage (£6.50 depending on age) as starting salary but could change quickly (paid by the minute, ie time effectively worked not as per rota)
- 5 days a week typically, could include weekends
- Shifts: morning (6 or 6.30am to 3pm) – evening (3 or 6pm to 11pm)
- Up to 40 hours a week although paid overtime could come up if wanted
- Minimum wage as starting salary but could change quickly (paid by the minute, ie time effectively worked not as per rota)
- 30 min lunch / dinner paid (when working mini 6 hrs)
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
- People skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Comfort with noisy, high-volume atmosphere
- Capable of working well under pressure
- Positive attitude and someone who makes our guests smile
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Passion for food and beverage
- Eager to learn
- Genuine and open
- Genuinely friendly and caring
- Good personal presentation
- Ambitious and hard working
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.