Providing book and document design services to authors, businesses and academics all over the world.
Description of vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and creative apprentice to work and learn alongside other young designers and develop into a permanent member of our team.
As well as the specific design and software skills, the candidate will get exposure to all aspects of running a growing publishing business.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Graphic design to customer specifications
- Explaining and reasoning design decisions
- Learning from experienced designers
- Training in a range of design software
- Completing design jobs to deadlines
£126 per week
£3.60 per hour
Mon – Fri. 9am – 5pm
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Confident and friendly
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Enjoys problem solving
- Creative and full of ideas
- Keen to learn and contribute
- Flexible and works well as part of a team
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.