Apprentice Healthcare Assistant
Belmont Sandbanks Care Group offers care homes in delightful settings in Coastal Kent and East Sussex. We provide specialist residential elderly care for people with mental health needs, predominantly dementia. Care is also offered to those with an early onset diagnosis of dementia, this may be in the form of our day care services, respite services, home care services or short term emergency care.
Belmont Sandbanks Care Group consists of Madeira Lodge, Sandbanks and Edendale, which offer specialist dementia care for the elderly. Madeira Day Services is a day centre within the grounds of Madeira Lodge, offering care and support to older people with dementia and other mental health problems who may live alone or be cared for by others. There is a registered mental nurse and dementia clinic available through our day services to offer clinical support and supervision for staff, service users and families at all of our sights.
The gardens at our care homes offer a secure and pleasant environment with seating areas where you can enjoy a stroll on warmer days. You can continue to enjoy a social life: we arrange a variety of activities and excursions including visits to nearby events and local shopping centres, in addition to visits from local entertainers. We encourage both residents and staff to get involved in the local community.
Description of vacancy
Providing care to patients by minding, developing, and evaluating care and facilities.
The post holder will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Meeting people in our care and their families to inform them of the role of the Care Assistant; commencing the care plan; offering information regarding treatments, procedures, prescriptions, and continuing care.
- Manage and maintain the health, personal care and wellbeing of those in your care and the companies care while on or off site
- To act with dignity and respect individuals needs.
- Supervising quality and delivery of care by carrying out patient rounds; documenting care and progress towards desired care outcome; identifying and correcting digression from the documented plan of care; reviewing progress with patients in conjunction with the principal care provider; working alongside external departments to agree and expedite tests, procedures, and consultations; reporting staff and performance concerns to the manager; maintaining communication with operation staff regarding deviation from the care plan or transfer/release plan.
- Act in accordance with care and legal requirements; treatment practices and standards of care that comply to the values of the care home and care divisions; observance of governing regulations.
- Follows policies and procedures to prevent the spread of diseases and illnesses amongst self, colleagues, and patients.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and respecting the rights of patients.
- Creating and to maintain quality standards.
- Recording patient information in the patient care
- Continually improves industry and technical knowledge by attending professional workshops; reviewing publications; building networks; familiarising oneself with new practice
This post is one of continual development. The job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities of the post and compliments individual objectives set in line with the department’s annual business objectives.
Responsibilities will be reviewed periodically in line with service priorities and duties may change or new duties be introduced after consultation with the post holder.
Salary: £5.00 per hour
Hours: 30-40 hours per week
On a weekly Rota includes 12 shifts and weekends
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Team worker
- Clear communicator
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.