Belmont Sandbanks Care Group offers care homes in delightful settings in Coastal Kent and East Sussex. We provide specialist residential elderly care for people with mental health needs, predominantly dementia. Care is also offered to those with an early onset diagnosis of dementia, this may be in the form of our day care services, respite services, home care services or short term emergency care.
Belmont Sandbanks Care Group consists of Madeira Lodge, Sandbanks and Edendale, which offer specialist dementia care for the elderly. Madeira Day Services is a day centre within the grounds of Madeira Lodge, offering care and support to older people with dementia and other mental health problems who may live alone or be cared for by others. There is a registered mental nurse and dementia clinic available through our day services to offer clinical support and supervision for staff, service users and families at all of our sights.
The gardens at our care homes offer a secure and pleasant environment with seating areas where you can enjoy a stroll on warmer days. You can continue to enjoy a social life: we arrange a variety of activities and excursions including visits to nearby events and local shopping centres, in addition to visits from local entertainers. We encourage both residents and staff to get involved in the local community.
Description of vacancy
To provide an efficient and effective clerical and administrative support service to a Accounts Team and Company Director. As this is an apprentice post the job holder will be required to work in various areas and departments throughout the organization to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of administration. This will be via on the job training and formal training sessions to establish knowledge and understanding.
To attend regular meetings with the supervisor and assessor and attend training sessions leading to an Apprenticeship Certificate in Business Administration.
The post holder will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- To efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties which may include the following duties as directed:
- Data input, data extraction, photocopying, faxing, filing and typing duties as directed – with use of MS Excel and Sage Payroll software
- To deal with internal and external post and emails on a day to day basis – MS Outlook mailboxes
- To support the small team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To provide appropriate reception cover as and when required.
- To meet and greet visitors as required.
- To obtain and retrieve clinical/non-clinical records as requested.
- To support the control of appointments and retrieve records.
- To maintain filing systems in line with organizations policies and procedures.
- To assist with the ordering and maintenance of stock supplies (specific to role as appropriate).
- Collating information for reports and taking minutes from meetings
- Communicating with staff about training provision and booking training courses for staff
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Attend and take part in team meetings & regular reviews with line manager etc.
- To prepare for and attend assessment meetings and participate in relevant training programmes as required by the provider.
- To assist in the administration process associated with service audits (specific to role as appropriate)
This post is one of continual development. The job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities of the post and complements individual objectives set in line with the department’s annual business objectives.
Responsibilities will be reviewed periodically in line with service priorities and duties may change or new duties be introduced after consultation with the post holder.
Salary: £6.95 per Hour
30 hours per week
9.00am – 4.00pm (with one hour lunch break)
- General understanding of Office functions and work environment
- Good IT Skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Team worker
- Clear communicator
Minimum achieved Grade D or equivalent in English and Maths.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework - consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.